Concrete Sealer Discusion

Forum Home Forums Concrete Sealer Concrete Sealer Discusion

This topic contains 48 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tex Rowe 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Steven

If I do not like the colour after applying, can I apply the second coat in different colour. Product I intend to use concrete paint sealer.

#1608 Reply

Tex Rowe
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,
    re: Concrete Paint Sealer

If I do not like the colour after applying, can I apply the second coat in different colour. Product I intend to use concrete paint sealer.

Yes, please see Preparation
    https://cswcoatings.com.au/preparation/
    with reference to Previously Painted Single Pack.
    It is worth noting that if previous coat has only recently been applied, then best to allow full cure and lightly apply any additional coats to minimise agitation.

Tex Rowe
    CSW Coatings Australia
    CSW Coatings USA

#1678 Reply

Deva

Hi
    We have a new interior (residential use) concrete slab (2 months old) which was helicopter troweled to get a smooth finish.
    We now need to seal it, prevent dusting, would like to achieve a natural/low sheen look and not have the concrete darken. I have identified the Penetrating Sealer Deluxe WB to use.
    Does this sealer take care of dusting and also allows the floor to be cleaned? (We plan to have mats or rugs in the places of more use.)

My second question is that we would like to lightly tint the grey colour of the concrete to be a little bit warmer towards a light clay colour.
    Do you have a product for tinting that can be added into the sealer, say on the second coat? Or after the Penetrating Sealer Deluxe WB?
    If you don’t would you advise against mixing a little bit of water based paint into the sealer?
    Thanks so much

#1691 Reply

Tex Rowe
    Keymaster

Hi Deva,

We have a new interior (residential use) concrete slab (2 months old) which was helicopter troweled to get a smooth finish.
    We now need to seal it, prevent dusting, would like to achieve a natural/low sheen look and not have the concrete darken. I have identified the Penetrating Sealer Deluxe WB to use.
    Does this sealer take care of dusting and also allows the floor to be cleaned? (We plan to have mats or rugs in the places of more use.)

A penetrating sealer is a “natural look” sealer and when applied according to directions does not present a finish. eg: no sheen/gloss etc. A penetrating sealer like Standard/Deluxe/Premium will also offer little assistance in dustproofing as penetrating sealers are stain repellents.
    Typically for dusting applicators opt for a product like:
    Concrete Densifier
    https://cswcoatings.com.au/product/concrete-densifier/
    as a dustproofer/hardener.

My second question is that we would like to lightly tint the grey colour of the concrete to be a little bit warmer towards a light clay colour.
    Do you have a product for tinting that can be added into the sealer, say on the second coat? Or after the Penetrating Sealer Deluxe WB?

Penetrating products including sealers/densifiers are not tintable due to their nature….that is being able to successfully penetrate a substrates fine pores. Applicators typically opt for any of our pigmented products when wishing for a coloured coating, though these are full bodied in colour like:
    Concrete Paint Sealer
    https://cswcoatings.com.au/product/concrete-paint-sealer/

If you don’t would you advise against mixing a little bit of water based paint into the sealer?

not recommended for compatibility purposes.
    Hope this helps.

Tex Rowe
    CSW Coatings Australia
    CSW Coatings USA

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
Reply To: Concrete Sealer Discusion

This board is for pre-sales questions. Do not post support requests for purchased products as per Board Rules and Agreement .

Your information: