Bessa block & Concrete Paint Selaer

Forum Home Forums Concrete Sealer Bessa block & Concrete Paint Selaer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tex Rowe 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Craig

We have a bessa block chimney that I’ve applied two different penetrative sealers to, which have markedly decreased water penetration although a small amount still occurs in heavy driving rain. I wish to paint it with the paint ideally adding another layer of rain protection. Is your Concrete Paint Sealer water resistant and/or proof, and is it suitable to use on previously treated (but unpainted) bessa blocks?

Thanks

Craig

#1409 Reply

Tex Rowe
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,
    It is important to note that penetrating sealers or single pack topical coatings are not waterproofers and are considered repellents. If requiring resistance then a 2 pack would be a more suitable option like: 2 Pack. If exposed to UV then options would be limited to 2 Pack Urethane. Mortar Joints may be a point of weakness due to their recessed nature if not completely sealed.
    Unfortunately we have not tested on chimneys when exposed to heat.
    Film Forming / Topical coatings can be applied to previously applied penetrating sealers that have not been highly built preferably sticking with same carrier. eg: solvent based penetrating sealer/solvent based film forming coating.
    Please also see:
    Can Your Product Be Applied Over My Existing Product?
    FAQ

Tex Rowe
    CSW Coatings Australia
    CSW Coatings USA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Bessa block & Concrete Paint Selaer

This board is for pre-sales questions. Do not post support requests for purchased products as per Board Rules and Agreement .

Your information: