Application instructions

Forum Home Forums Limestone Sealer Application instructions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tex Rowe 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Richard

Hi, I’m looking into potentially buying some Penetrating Sealer Premium SB for liquid limestone application. I read the instructions about the application on the product page, however, I also read the comparison of penetrating vs film sealants. I found some discrepancies that I am unsure of:

1. In the product application instructions, you are saying that the limestone needs to be bone dry while in the advantaged of penetrating sealers you are saying that they can be applied on a freshly cleaned surface which is not dry yet. Which is true?

2. I’m a bit unclear about the timing between coats. It says I need to wait 5-10mins for the first coat to penetrate and 5-20mins before applying the second coat but at the same time not to allow the first one to dry. How fast does it dry? Can it dry in 20 mins before applying the second coat? Am I right to assume that I need to apply second coat very quickly after the first one, maybe 10mins?

3. With liquid limestone, would it be advisable to apply 3 coats, with it being very porous surface?

4. Can you email me some application instructions tailored for liquid limestone?

Kind Regards,

Richard

#1321 Reply

Tex Rowe
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

1. In the product application instructions, you are saying that the limestone needs to be bone dry while in the advantaged of penetrating sealers you are saying that they can be applied on a freshly cleaned surface which is not dry yet. Which is true?

Penetrating sealers are offered in both a water based and solvent based versions. The water based versions can be applied to slightly damp surfaces though solvent based will require the surface to be bone dry.

Am I right to assume that I need to apply second coat very quickly after the first one, maybe 10mins?

Penetrating sealers must be applied wet on wet so once first coat has been absorbed the second coat may be applied. A test patch will determine absorption rate.

3. With liquid limestone, would it be advisable to apply 3 coats, with it being very porous surface?

This is to be determined by applicator though on very porous surfaces additional coats are not a concern as long as there is no build-up of excess residue on surface.

4. Can you email me some application instructions tailored for liquid limestone?

We unfortunately do not have any specific liquid limestone instructions as application for penetrating sealers is consistent across multiple porous substrates. Any variables like dwell time/spread rate etc would be determined on site.

Tex Rowe
    CSW Coatings Australia
    CSW Coatings USA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Application instructions

This board is for pre-sales questions. Do not post support requests for purchased products as per Board Rules and Agreement .

Your information: