Additional Coats?

Forum Home Forums Limestone Sealer Additional Coats?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tex Rowe 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Donna

//moderator added due to telstra bigpond issues//
    Have applied 2 coats wet on wet of sealer enhancer on acid etched charcoal limestone floor. looks good but still very hungry looking, I realize this is the nature of limestone and penetrating sealers . However was wondering if I could apply more coats [ dry for 48 hours] or coat over the top with one of your solvent based topical sealers. If I leave it like it is can I just recoat with sealer enhancer in say 12 months. Thank you for your help.

#1670 Reply

Tex Rowe
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

> However was wondering if I could apply more coats [ dry for 48 hours]

if after a test patch substrate is porous enough to apply additional coat without excess residue buld-up on surface then yes. Sealer Enhancer is a minimum 2 coat system so more coats can be applied.

> or coat over the top with one of your solvent based topical sealers.

a solvent topical sealer like:
    Protect & Enhance
    https://cswcoatings.com.au/product/protect-enhance/
    may be applied over solvent penetrating sealers that have not been highly built on surface as there is some re-activation with solvents on solvents.

> If I leave it like it is can I just recoat with sealer enhancer in say 12 months.

yes, as with above test patch/re-application, sealers may be re-applied as necessary.

Tex Rowe
    CSW Coatings Australia
    CSW Coatings USA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Additional Coats?

This board is for pre-sales questions. Do not post support requests for purchased products as per Board Rules and Agreement .

Your information: