These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members. They have been compiled and are revised regularly and should be adhered to by everyone.
PLEASE DO NOT POST SUPPORT REQUESTS FOR PURCHASED PRODUCTS. THIS BOARD IS FOR PRE-SALES QUESTIONS.
As There Is Always A Trigger Mechanism For Sealer/Coating Failures, Please First Request A Copy Of Our Troubleshooting Guide If Requiring Support.
1. Forum rules
Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be banned (see policing below).
1. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to posts being removed.
2. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be banned.
3. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience and should not reference CSW Products directly. A moderator may in order to best illustrate a point, reference CSW Coatings products.
4. Posting generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and members may be banned.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
6. Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
7. Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
8. Members should post in a way which is consistent with “normal writing”. That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
9. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; “Problem..” “Disappointed…” “Help me!”, “I’m stuck!”, or negative reference to CSW Coating products or application. Examples of good subjects include; “Building a new home and require assistance”, “Garage floor suggestions”, etc.
10. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering services (charged and free), solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
11. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
12. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
1. Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KiB (6144 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
2. Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
3. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer competing products. You may not link to warez, porn, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
4. Users abusing these rules may be banned.
1. Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 12KiB (12288 Bytes) in filesize. Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
4. Support of MODs, Styles, etc. and linking offsite
1. If the author of a Mod, style, etc. maintains their own support board (or uses someone else’s board) they may direct users to that board or site for the purpose of offering support and/or updates to their Mod/s. Alternatively authors may maintain a topic here (in the appropriate forum) for each item they produce, directing users to that topic where appropriate.
2. Members may include or post links to 3rd party sites in an effort to render support in response to a support request (including requests for Mods not available at this site). Members are not permitted to post links to material unrelated this board or where linked material is not relevant to a given support request.
3. General linking (within posts) to other sites is generally not permitted. Exceptions may be made where links are being offered in a “support context”.
1. CSW Coatings Discussion Board operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period before being banned.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate ban.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they will remove a warning.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While we may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum. Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum’s owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well. You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum. You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person’s account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft. After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable. Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement. Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser’s cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.